Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Favorites

Since I have some new readers, I figured I'd post some randomness about myself.

You know, those "Getting to know you" type questions that give you random info, but not really any real info?... Like those quizzes that you always get in emails. Yeah, I figured I'd answer a few of those for ya. ^.^

Favorite color: Well... if you want just one, green. Really, I like the jewel tones: red, blue, green and purple.

Favorite instrument: Violin!! On occasion followed closely by the piano, and sometimes by the guitar... But definitely violin. ^.^

Favorite food: Yes

Favorite book: ... Yeah, if you know me at all, you know I would have too much trouble getting a single answer... And if I listed all of my favorite books, we'd be here all day... Although I did just finish "Cry of the Icemark" by Stuart Hill. I really liked it. ^.^ It's one of the best books I've read in a while.

Favorite movie: Hm... Another hard one... Like books, I have several, but not quite such a bit list that I can't pin down some favorites.
Secondhand Lions, I LOVE this movie... I have to ask my parents for permission to watch this movie I've watched it so much... Definitely one of my favs. (oh, but I do have an edited copy... 'Cause the uncles swear... >.O Sweary no likey)
Howl's Moving Castle. ^.^ I love Miyazaki... I really do... HMC is one of my favs of his. I love them all though.
Whisper of the Heart. If I remember right, it was directed by Miyazaki... Not sure... Awesome movie though. ^.^ If I need a creative boost, this is the movie I go for.
Finding Neverland. I always cry when I watch this movie... Still, it is one of my favs. :')
I like a lot of old movies too, How to Steal a Million, the Thin Man movies... But I can't really think of that many names of them... And over all, they're not really my favorites. Good, but not favorite. Although if I'm in the mood for a good movie, I'll go to an old movie, 'cause I think there's a higher concentration of good movies there.

Favorite actor: Johnny Depp. And no, it's not because he's dashing and handsome and whatnot... I honestly think he's a great actor. His ability to create such varied and different characters, and make them believable astounds me... For example, Jack Sparrow from Pirates, Victor from Corpse Bride, Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and J.M. Barrie from Finding Neverland. All very different characters, and all very believable.

Favorite singer/band: Hm... Well, lately I've been listening to Jason Mraz. I really enjoy his sound. I like Nickleback's sound too. Um... Josh Groban of course, Michael Buble, Chris Daughtry... Oh, Rascall Flatts is always good. ^.^ So... yeah. I pretty much like anything that's clean. The only music I flat out don't like is rap and hard rock that screams. >.O I remember one of my friends said something like "It reminds me of an animal being run over on train tracks." ^.^ I've always thought that fits rather nicely.

Favorite T.V. show: ATLA... ^.^ Awesome, awesome show. ^.^ Toph rocks!! Literally! ... What? You don't know ATLA? Yeah, well that's probably 'cause it's an animated cartoon on Nick with a target demographic of 10year old boys... (see, this is why I don't think of myself as an adult) The real name is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Maybe you've heard of it, maybe not. Wiki has some stuff on it, although it is sadly lacking in pictures... Avatar Spirit is one of the main sites for fans, and has a lot more info, if you are so inclined...

And... yeah. I can't think of anything else really. (Any requests, and I'll talk with my consultant. For a small fee, I'll see what I can do. ^.~)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Huh... Confuzzled and I did approximatley the same thing on the same day... Weird... I just noticed that.

Katie said...

Except my list is much more extensive. And much more random. But I really like yours too!

Jenny said...

True, true...
But hey, thanks. ^.^

Lightwing said...

Avatar rocks. Silly Saru got me addicted to it (like I had any free time to spare?!?). Just so I don't spoiler-ize you, what's the last episode you've seen?

Jenny said...

Haza! A fellow Avatar fan! *huggles* We must compare notes! (bwahahahaaa) Last epi? Um... both parts of "Boiling Rock" ^.^ Go Suki!

You?