Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Coraline movie

Well, it was certainly creepier then the book. >.O

And there's an interesting distinction there; the movie was creepy, not scary. Don't know how it quite got into that middle ground, but it's rooted there very well. And MAN they did a good job on the "other-mother"... *shudder* I actually had a small nightmare from her. Nothing major, but enough to freak me out.
Lol and I liked Wybie. ^.^ He was cute. Wasn't in the book, but he was a good addition...

Oh, and beautifully rendered... O.o; Man... I can't believe all the work that must've gone into that... Wow... If you poke around the website you actually find out that the gloves that Coraline gets are hand-made... Yikes...

Anywho, without spoiling the movie, any more then the trailers do, it was good. Not spectacular, but good. And creepie... I didn't think it was that much as I was seeing it... but I'm having creepy flash-backs. ...

OH! And there was a trailer for 9. That looks really good. Can't wait 'till that one comes out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other mother in the movie was NOT creepier than the book version. Are you blind?

Jenny said...

Yes, apparently I am. I thought she was creepier in the movie 'cause you could see her.