Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy SAD chicken!

Well first of all... Happy Singles Awareness Day!

Second, I has a job again!!! w00t! ^.^ At chick-fil-a, it's a fast food place. I've never heard of them myself, but I saw the ad on facebook and applied. (see... My endless time on facebook has actually done me some good. ^.~)

And it's actually kinda a funny story.

Now, I've been bad... I didn't apply like I should... There was no plastering of the city with my resume... I rarely even left my house... I had no job, and I liked it... I would have times where I wanted to have something to do... but those feelings were quickly squashed.

So, I was on facebook (like I have been way too much lately... Yes, my name is Fei-chan, and I have a problem...) and I saw a little cow on the corner of my screen with a sign on it saying "Hey! We're hiring where you live!" "huh" thought I "a place that's actually hiring... That might be worth a look see."

So a few days later (have I mentioned how lazy I am??) I went over to the building. I looked around for someone to get an app from and noticed the hours on the door. M-Sa... blah, blah... Sunday closed...

O.O

Sunday CLOSED??? I MUST work here!! (My religion is important to me, and I resist working on Sundays)

So I got an app and was scheduled for an interview. (they did that with everyone, so nothing special there) So I show up, all dressed up with a notebook in hand. Don't I look spiffy.
It was a group interview. I'm not too good with group interviews 'cause I don't tend to push myself, I'll let others talk and just kinda sit there agreeing... But I was hopeful, and they weren't open Sundays. (my mantra...)

So it started. Oh, and one other thing. I prepared some, but I had perfect answers for only two questions. Why do you want to work here (Sundays... Sundays... Sundays... Oh, and you look like you have quality food.) and something else that escapes me...

Well guess what two questions he asked? ^.^ So I got to shine. And apparently really charmed that guy. 'Cause I got the call for the second interview before I was even home yet.

So second interview rolls around... ... ... I'd prepared for a total of about 35 minutes... Bad Fei-chan... I didn't do nearly as well... I didn't do anything wrong, but I didn't do anything really right either... So I figured I was out. 'Cause they had a lot of people applying...

Well, couple hours later my phone rings and I pounce. Hey guess what? I got the third interview! (total of three in all) ... Only this one is with the owner. O.o; No pressure...

So this time I prepared!! Oh, I had a week to prepare for the second, only a day for the third... Oh, and did I mention I had a dentist appointment earlier that day?? ^.^; With fillings?? Yeah... But I prepared!

I was still kinda numb and slightly slurry when I showed up... And nervous... 'Cause this one was for all the marbles and maybe even some of the buttons as well...

So I got there, actually a little early, and sat in my car and stressed some more. Got in, waited a bit, and was walked over to the owner... Big, bad scary owner...

It was the guy who interviewed me the first time. ^.^ *phew* "Well... I have the job ^.^" I thought. I'd always had a good feeling about this job, but that pretty much fixed it in my head.
Heh, he asked me if I had any questions, and then pretty much just asked if I wanted to join. DOI!... "Yes please" ^.^

So, I has job!! ^.^

3 comments:

Schmetterling said...

Huzzah!

Lightwing said...

Yay, congratulations! You're right about the food being good, that place rocks! Best lemonade on earth, hands down. Break a leg!

Jenny said...

Wu-hoo!
Yeah, the lemonaid is really good. <3 Freshly done too. We get lemons, cut and juice 'um, add water and suger, and have at. ^.^

Yeah, I likes having a job. <3 Money=nice. Plus the people are nice too, so that's awesome.