Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eating a cockroach

...Ok... so I has a dilemma...
I think I mentioned in a previous post that I locked myself out of the house a while back... Well I got talking to the gal who lives there (I thought it would be appropriate... talk to the gal who's house I'm crashing at) and we got talking about books. Well her son is on a mission and loves this one series.

So while they're gathering dust, she figured I could borrow them and read them. Hey! Who am I to turn down a book? So I said yes. So she brought over a box full of books. O.o; About seven I think... I don't read fast at all, but there they were. The whole series!... minus the first one... So I looked for the first one at the library...

Long story short...er... A friend of mine had it, and I borrow it from her.

Well here's where the dilemma starts... I mentioned to another friend, Honor, that I was looking for this series. The series is by Terry Goodkind. Well apparently it's full of wonderful things like rape... ^.^; greaaaaat... But she thought that the first one was ok.

So, ok, I'll just borrow the first one and politely tell the gal who I borrowed the rest from that I don't want them. Cool, cool.

Well I get to the friend's house who I am borrowing the books from... We'll call her Fish. So I go over to Fish's house and borrow the first one. So I figure as long as I'm there I'll get her opinion on the series... Same... Only she remembers that there's stuff in the first book as well... ^.^;
More greatness...

So now I'm standing there... with this book that I now know I do not want to read... and Fish is saying "Oh, well just read what you want and when you get to where you can't take it anymore I'll tell you what happens to the characters. ^.^"

That's very sweet of her... I would love to know what happens to the characters... Did I actually want to read the book in the first place...

Now, you're probably asking yourself why I didn't just reject the book then, chuck it back at Fish and make up some excuse about leaving the oven on... Answer?... I am horribly indecisive... and if a decision is made for me, I'll most likely go along... I really didn't... don't want to hurt Fish's feelings... I did manage to mumble something about how I might not want to read it then, but then she said the thing about filling me in on how it ends. ^.^; So I felt stuck... *sigh*...
Darn my indecisive nature!! Darn it like a wool sock!

-----
And my mom made an interesting comment when I was talking to her about it, (I love my mom. I can talk to her about anything ^.^) and I think it goes for a lot of things.
She reminded me of that old story about the cockroach in the salad.... "Oh, just eat around it. It's ok." ... If it's in there... why do I want to chance it?? Is it worth it for this wonder salad to start munching on a cockroach leg??

I remember my drama teacher saying something like that when he was showing a movie... I told him I didn't want to watch it and he said "Oh, well just close your eyes when it gets to that point."

Um... So wait until the salad gets crunchy? Then stop eating?? ... -_-;

Also when people say "It's only..." whatever... I remember when I went to a friend's house for a birthday party and they were going to watch a movie. pg-13 I think... I don't make it a habit of watching them now and then I think I was about 9. Not 13 yet I know... "Oh, well it's only swearing."
...Only?? I'm sorry?... Oh well it's only a cockroach. It's ok, it's dead. It won't move, so you can eat around it. ^.^..............................

We have enough cockroaches in our lives without searching them out...

ARGH!!

I have spoken. :)

5 comments:

Th. said...

.

Wait:

Isn't salad supposed to be crunchy?

Jenny said...

Hey! Look at me!
Ok, well ranting emboldended me (that is a word, right?) and so I facebooked her and told her thanks, but no thanks. ^.^;
There may be hope for me yet! Next I think I think I'll have TWO cubes of sugar in my tea instead of one!
Live dangerously!... <.<.... >.>...

Jenny said...

;P Well it's not supposed to be because of the bugs!

Schmetterling said...

I think cockroaches are pretty tasty, myself. Good source of protein. Can't imagine a salad without them, in fact.

"Waiter! There are no cockroaches in this salad."

"Yes, sir. We pride ourselves on our clean kitchen."

"But I specifically ordered cockroaches!"

"Sorry, sir, but we're fresh out."

Jenny said...

-_-; You, sir, are a PEST!

That's not my point, and you know it! ;P