Saturday, September 20, 2008

Envy me! ^.^



Bwahahahahahaaa! ^.^ I got a signed copy of Brisinger!!! *happy dance* I wish it'd been signed in person instead of a sticker... But I have a signed copy!! Wa-hoooo!
Short story, I was the first person to buy the book from Barns&Noble.
Long story... Well, first of all, I've been waiting for this book ever since I finished the previous book in the series, Eldest. I've been waiting and waiting... I love these books (I even thing they're better than Harry Potter... but don't shoot me). And I figured since they're fairly popular that either Borders or BN would have a midnight party for it.
Well I didn't see anything...
It was a week 'till the book came out, and still nothing... You could reserve a copy through the Internet, but I didn't see anything for the store...
Well, finally, yesterday I went to Borders and saw a sign saying that there was a midnight party. Awesome! Ok, I have the money, I have a car, I have no sanity. I'm gunna do it! ^.^
So I asked someone who worked there where I went to reserve a copy for the midnight party. "Oh, we stopped taking reservations on the 14th." ... dang... "You're welcome to come anyway and once everyone else has gotten one, if there's one left you can get one then."
...
Not the answer I was hoping for... So my dilemma was deciding whether to come that night, wait for a few hours for a maybe (not a fun option), or sleep and go the next morning at 9. ... I haven't gotten to bed at a decent hour for a while and have been sleep deprived, so I was gunna do the 9am option.
Well right after that my mom and I went to BN. (I love having two book stores a few blocks away from eachother. ^.^ Dangerous, but cool) On the door as you go in there was a sign saying "BN opening early at 8am for Brisinger!" Oh? My curiosity is peaked now. So I discard my previous thought, and figure, "Ok... I'll set my alarm, come here in my pj's (a t-shirt and fuzzy pants), and get the book. I like that plan."
So that's what I do. I set my alarm, it goes off, I actually wake up, and I'm awake enough (and excited enough) to go and get in the car to head off to BN.
So I'm there... It's about 7:45... 15 minutes until they open and I can grab my book.
*looks right*
*looks left*
...
Why is there no one in the parking lot??
I got out and tried the door, but it was locked. There were workers, but no customers yet... No one... Now I figured (and am still confused that there weren't) that there would be a line of kids. Yeah, Borders did the midnight thing, so not a huge line, but a line. Not all parents would be crazy enough to drive their kids in the middle of the night to get a book. I figured some would only be crazy enough to go early on a Saturday morning.
But there was no one...
Eventually another guy in a truck comes up, and goes in. By this time it was 8, but I wasn't sure if they were open or just teasing me. I felt silly for being the only one there, and would've felt quite silly if I'd gone in and they'd politely told me to go away...
So I see the guy get out of his truck and go in... "Ok... Well, it's 8... I'm going for it!" So I pluck up my quickly fading courage and my quickly growing anticipation and excitement, and go in.
They're open! Haza! *phew*
After I walk in, a guy behind the counter asks me if I'm here for Brisinger, (no... I just thought I'd set my alarm, wake up early and drive in my pjs 'cause I wanted a latte... of course I want Brisinger!) So I said yes, and walked up.
Well thankfully that guy from the truck was getting the audio book (which he unwrapped and played the moment he got in the car), 'cause once I got the book the guy behind the counter said that the first one to buy got a signed copy. ^.^
Can't tell you how that made my day. *happy dance* I came close to not setting my alarm and just getting it at Target or something 'cause they're cheap.... I could've gone to the Borders party, the guy in the truck could've gotten the book over the audio book, I could've wasted time doing... I dunno... getting dressed or something... But all these little things came together and I got a singed copy!! ^.^
Not that I think Heavenly Father decided I particularly needed a signed copy... But it sure made my day, and I think it's funny how little things that you might even complain about (I couldn't do the midnight thing for example) can come together to get you something you never dreamed. ^.^
So yeah... Pg 146, and loveing it. *huggles book* Preciousssss...

4 comments:

Katie said...

Mine will arrive on my doorstep this afternoon, because I'm the lazy sort of person who pre-orders online . . . and then it will sit on my bookshelf for a while, and I will periodically gaze up at it wistfully, looking forward to a time when I'll be able to read things for fun . . .

Jenny said...

Ouch... I feel your pain... I really do... That's hard. I wish you much luck on being able to read it soon. Or being able to read anything soon.

Katie said...

Oh, I'll read a great number of things soon. (I think the number of pages I've read for my classes so far amount to about the same number of pages as the unabridged Les Miserables twice over.)

It just won't be too soon that I'll be reading things just 'cause I wanna . . .

Jenny said...

O.O Twice over? *shudder* Yikes... I'm all for reading, but "made to" reading is definately different then "fun" reading.

^.^; Well, for your sake, I hope the wait isn't too long... Breath deep, fly high!