Saturday, January 17, 2009

MY kind of weird

can best be summed up in this picture.

I really like this picture. And it's hard to exactly explain why... But I love this type of weird. Just one little "Wait... what? Um... K..." thing while the rest of it is relatively normal.


Having everything weird is ok too, but I think I prefer this sort of random oddity. Like Nightmare Before Christmas. The intro scene where everything is creepy is a turn-off for me. But I love the scenes where they're a normal community, they just happen to be werewolves and ghosts and such. This can be taken too far where it just ends up like a guy in a rubber suit in a market place doing a bad swamp thing impression... But I think Nightmare does a good job.


I remember one time I was at a camp and we had name tags. You know, those little sticky paper ones. Not something you can easily reapply once you take it off, and this camp was two days long. So what did I do? I stuck it on my head. ^.^ And if you think about it, it makes sense. I couldn't put it on my sweater or shirt 'cause you wouldn't be able to see it all the time and presumably I would be changing clothes from one day to the next. But I don't think I'm gunna change my head that often.


I just love it when everything is normal, but there's one thing that, while not openly disrupting anything, is just plain odd. ^.^ It gives me the warm fuzzies.

(and I realize there's probably some political background to it that would bore me to death or at least to a bad flu, but I jut like the randomness of it)

No comments: