Friday, January 9, 2009

Worry

Inkheart...

It was a book first, now it's going to be a movie...

Anyone who's ever loved a book and had it horribly mutilated by Hollywood knows where I'm going with this...

And still... I'm cautiously optimistic... I'm actually thinking of seeing it. My mom probably won't want to go with me. (edit: I asked her, and she said she's not, lol) She's sworn to never go with me to see another movie where I've read the book... Especially since Ella Enchanted... *shudder* Bad... HISS!!...

Although, in the movie's defence, the author of the book is one of the producers on the movie. I honestly don't know how much that means... but it's something. ^.^; And from the previews I've seen, I did recognize some of the scenes... Still...

*sigh* If only Hollywood were more reliable... I realize they want to make a good story... But why do they feel the need to do it at the expense of a book!!

No comments: