Thursday, April 9, 2009

A day in the life of a would-be art student

Well... I love art. I think I've said it before. And for those of you who don't know: "MEEEEESS LUVS THE ARTZZZ!"

Well, I plan to be an artist when I grow up.
Or at least someone who does something creative as a career. (I want to be a momie, but I think at least preparing for a career is a good idea for anyone) I really don't know if I want drawing, illustration, animation... web design? Heck, I've played with the idea of fashion designer!! (and for those of you who know me, you know how plausible THAT laughable idea is)

Well, I've been doing a little research (very little) and I requested information from an art school. Gave them my information last night around 11 or so and figured they'd get in touch with me soon-ish.
I did NOT figure they'd get in touch with me the next day...

So they called me today, and I had a sort of impromptu interview with the dean of admissions (which actually went pretty well, if I do say so. Nothing spectacular, she just asked me why I like art and so forth) while I was in Target. (odd spot to have an interview... but that's when they caught me)

*sigh* So... I am attempting to venture off into the world!... I only have a vague idea of what I want to do. I don't have the money. I've never lived on my own...
All I know is that I love art and it makes me happy. ^.^ It should be an interesting year for this little puppy.

No comments: