Friday, March 21, 2008

August Rush

August Rush... Well, I just got done watching the movie. And while I didn't care for parts of it (Yes, I realize the outside world (I dislike the term "real world" but that's a post for another day) uses bad language, that doesn't mean I have to listen to it >.<), I did really enjoy it. Um... I Really have no idea what to say, but I feel I have to say something...

...pesky muse...

*sighs, and runs fingers through hair* Wow... That movie would speak to anyone with a muse or with the urge to be creative. I loved seeing August's creative process. I think anyone with a muse of some sort goes through that to a lesser or greater extent. That... urge to create, even if you're not quite sure how.

And I have to say, part of the reason for this post is the hope that the stars in my eyes will come on to the page. And it'd odd, 'cause I was only partially happy with the movie. I think I heard too much about it before hand... Dunno?...

The story was so-so, but how it was put forth... Wow... The music was just phenomenal. It moved me. And I think the whole movie would move anyone, whether it's to the edge of your seat or out the back door. But the music especially hit me. Especially when August was playing. His sheer joy, especially when he was just starting and he was playing an instrument for the first time. That joy...

I think I connected with that because that's how I feel when I create or do art and I'm really into a particular project. I can never hope to be a genius, prodigy, or even famous for what I do... But I hope to always have that joy when I create something.

I think that's what everyone's looking for. That joy... Specifically in whatever your job is, and what you choose to do with your life, but in everyday things too.

I don't mean to get all preachy, but I suppose that's what the gospel brings... Joy. I mean, it's called the plan of happiness isn't it?

---------
Edit: Example from the movie- Trailor that shows his joy
There's more on youtube, but I thought this was a good example.

5 comments:

Schmetterling said...

I haven't seen it, but lots of people are saying the sames sorts of things as you (eg "As far as movies go, it wasn't that great, but it was cute and had nice music, so I liked it okay.")

Jenny said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that then. *phew*

But it's funny. Before I saw it I heard nothing but good things, now it's mixed. ... Always odd how that happens.

Katie said...

If you want to see my take on the movie, visit http://kisconfuzzled.blogspot.com/2007/12/non-discriminating-moviegoer.html

I'd say all of it in your comments section, but it would make for one heck of a long comment :)

Jenny said...

Oh cool, another commenter! Hi Confuzzled! *waves*

*reads* Ok yeah... the theme was excellent... I tried to fall in love with the story line as much, but couldn't quite do it. >.o

My comments to you:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6298094073495887931&postID=5997453944600935760&page=1

Lola said...

I thought the same thing more or less. I think I might buy it