Wednesday, March 26, 2008

For I am myself. Nothing more.

For I am myself. Nothing more.

(Written by Isaia in a blog from the viewpoint of one of her characters. It's at the very bottom of the first post there)

That struck me... I've been kinda down on myself lately 'cause I feel like a burden to certain people. Down on myself for not being the perfect sort of person that people naturally flock to.

But that statement struck me. "For I am myself. Nothing more." I am me. No matter what I try to do, I am me. If people don't like me, they don't like me. So what good will it do to try and make them like me? If they don't like me, then they aren't worth it.

Now that's not to say that you shouldn't try to make yourself a likable person.

But I need to try and be myself. Being me is the only way I can truly find people who will like me. ^.^

4 comments:

Schmetterling said...

Really?? Me too! I am nothing more than myself!

Huh. Funny....

Jenny said...

LOL! You don't say!!

Lola said...

Its hard t Believe that such a simple thought is hard to come to terms with. It took me forever to relize some poeple are not gong to like me, but all the same I still strugle with it. Very profound!

Jenny said...

^.^ Awh... Thanks Lola.